Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Rock Jocks premieres at Wizard World Chicago

It was a very short trip, about 30 hours total, but I dropped in on Wizard World Chicago to sit in on a Rock Jocks panel with Felicia. What is Rock Jocks? Oh, yeah, I guess I haven't talked about it very much, but every other tweet or mention about a secret project over the past 6 months was most likely referring to it.

Since everyone in Chicago knows what Rock Jocks is now, I should probably bring you up to speed, too! This is a film I executive produced with my partner Sheri Bryant. It was written and directed by Paul Seetachitt, and I stepped in for Production design and make-up fx.

The basic premise is that there is a secret government agency that monitors and shoots down rouge asteroids, saving the Earth every day. But due to constant budget cuts, this program is now run by those deemed otherwise useless to society. It's CLERKS meets WARGAMES.

And it looks a little something like this...




The panel was a lot of fun, and I got to spend a few moments talking about how I went about designing the film. But mostly, I joked around with Felicia...



The panel actually started like this...


Oh, and here's a better look at the "behind the scenes" video...


Alright, I've got to go. I'm directing a movie right now, so my time to blog is pretty short. I'll post more info on Rock Jocks as it is made available, and I'll try to blog about something else before the end of the month!


1 comment:

  1. So where can we see this film in its entirety? And when?

    ReplyDelete